Alternative Education Provision – sites in Basingstoke, Hook and Fleet in Hampshire.
Salary: £16,000 – £17,000 per annum, full and part time hours available, term time only.
We’re not all the same.
Some of us have ADHD. Some of us have mental health needs. Some of us are anxious. Some of us are angry. We’ve been excluded. Moved schools. Missed years of school.
We can’t always control how we feel.
But we still want a future.
Inclusion Hampshire is an alternative education provision offering a unique learning experience for young people in North East Hampshire by emphasising understanding, empathy and patience. Inclusion Hampshire is highly experienced in developing bespoke, tailored education for young people enabling them to re-engage with learning, aspire and succeed.
Could you be part of a team committed to helping young people make positive changes in their lives? Are you non-judgemental, adaptable and emotionally resilient? Do you have the patience and sensitivity to support a young person to re-engage with their education and future?
Inclusion Hampshire are looking for an experienced Maths and English tutor to deliver and enhance a curriculum designed around the needs of its learners.
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with learners to support their needs
- Creatively engage, encourage and support learners to participate in learning
- Differentiate tasks, implement varied teaching styles and liaise with other staff and managers to develop bespoke strategies to meet the social, emotional and academic needs of learners
- Support learners to progress towards personal and academic goals, including exploring post-16 pathways
- Manage small group (2-4 learners) and 1:1 sessions
- Mark work and provide feedback to learners
- Complete daily evaluations, maintain registers and other records
- Contribute to learner progress reports for managers when attending meetings with schools, parents and other agencies.
- Prepare the learning environment for the following session
- Attend all session briefings, case reviews and meetings with managers to keep up to date with individual learner progress
- Attend regular supervision and appraisal meetings with line manager in line with personal development goals
- Attend all safeguarding and child protection training and be aware of Inclusion Hampshire procedures at all times
- Adhere to Inclusion Hampshire policies
- Teaching qualification, as a minimum – Level 3 Education & Training, PTTLS or HLTA – and have recent, relevant experience of working with young people.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Experience of applying safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
- Awareness of influencing factors and issues facing vulnerable young people and families (e.g. disadvantage, poverty, disability)
- Have a creative approach to engaging young people
- Experience of direct work with children and young people
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with children and young people
- Ability to build positive, trusting relationships with young people conducive to a learning environment
- Ability to work as part of an inclusive, hardworking team
- Ability to clearly and accurately record information using a good standard of writing and IT skills
- Knowledge of child/young person development
- Ability to think calmly, remain sensitive and de-escalate challenging situations
- Knowledge of learning strategies and behaviour management
- Ability to adapt and differentiate teaching and resources
- To undertake other duties as reasonably deemed appropriate by the Line Manager for the role or the Chief Executive
- This document will form the focus for Performance Management and will be integral in any subsequent review.
- Inclusion Hampshire is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring that all Inclusion Hampshire child protection policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. As with all posts, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of their right to work in the UK and, if they have lived abroad, overseas police clearance/s will need to be sought.
Display Screen Equipment: Laptop
Transport: You must be able to meet travel requirements of the post